Ad by Johan_W

Forum

35 posts

Someone make a custom font for me for free?

Mar 15, 2014 at 16:38

hey everyone,

is it possible for someone who can make a custom font for me? i need a calligraphic type of font custom made.

thanks

Mar 15, 2014 at 16:59

custom font, calligraphy, free : 3 stuff that don't really fit together

Mar 15, 2014 at 20:37

Mar 16, 2014 at 01:56

@daaams,

sorry but if it doesn't then lets find something that fits well.

@koeiekat

i cant read mate, i hope its not sarcastic.

ps

still looking for someone to make a custom font for free. look, i'm just a kid and i dont have credit card or paypal or any way to pay you gus online. please reconsider it would be great help for my projects.

Mar 16, 2014 at 04:11

Mar 16, 2014 at 04:48

like the image

http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/154439/font-please

if a bit complicated v

http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/155593/this-font-please-1-1

please

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Mar 16, 2014 at 05:52 by FontAddict

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:18

It reads 'dunno drf anything goes these times' The font is English Courthand.

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:23

koeiekat said  
It reads 'dunno drf anything goes these times' The font is English Courthand.

oh, its unreadable my friend. i just simply need like the one in the images.

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:21

Did you ask for readable? That would make 4.

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:54

koeiekat said  
Did you ask for readable? That would make 4.

ok i forgot to add taht

Mar 16, 2014 at 17:20

Have a look here and try to DIY: http://www.paintfont.com/

Mar 16, 2014 at 17:30

FontAddict said  
hey everyone,is it possible for someone who can make a custom font for me? i need a calligraphic type of font custom made.

thanks

No one ever needs a new font, you just ♦want♦ one. You don't quite know what you want, you just know that you want someone to make it for you, for FREE, because it would be 'a great help for [your] projects'.

If you said: "I need someone to clear the rocks and trees from this 100 hectares plot of land, plough the ground, plant cotton, pick the cotton and clean it, for free. I need it for my clothing factory.", do you think anyone would volunteer?

Here's a better idea: Sit on a street corner with a sign around your neck that reads "Need Money for Fonts". If each person who walks by gives you only 1% of their monthly income, within a few years, you should have enough money to hire someone to make custom fonts for you.

Mar 16, 2014 at 19:06

I offered one that met the three conditions but in the end the kid wanted it to be readable. Heaven knows what is the number 5 condition?

As said kid, DIY.

Mar 17, 2014 at 06:19

metaphasebrothel said  
FontAddict said  
hey everyone,is it possible for someone who can make a custom font for me? i need a calligraphic type of font custom made.

thanks

No one ever needs a new font, you just ♦want♦ one. You don't quite know what you want, you just know that you want someone to make it for you, for FREE, because it would be 'a great help for [your] projects'.

If you said: "I need someone to clear the rocks and trees from this 100 hectares plot of land, plough the ground, plant cotton, pick the cotton and clean it, for free. I need it for my clothing factory.", do you think anyone would volunteer?

Here's a better idea: Sit on a street corner with a sign around your neck that reads "Need Money for Fonts". If each person who walks by gives you only 1% of their monthly income, within a few years, you should have enough money to hire someone to make custom fonts for you.

ok mister, i'm not forcing anyone to make a font for me. i'm just asking if there is someone who can do it with their free time (if they have the free time or willing to) and i don't like the manner of the way you suggest of me begging someone in the street just to buy a font, i've already begged here if you don't noticed, so what is the point of throwing me off the street and do the thing you suggest. if you don't like the way i ask someone here then a simple "NO" will suffice and i'm not going to ask anymore. i understand that no one will ever volunteer clearing rocks and trees for free, whY? its a heavy job for such thing as FREE but does making font really that burden for you? i bet you guys have already made almost a hundred or a thousands of fonts already and shared it publicly and maybe sell some but one person asked you and you back off for some reason - because that person asked you to make one for FREE? Think about it for a second, does this request really a burden? unfair? spoon feeding? what could it possibly do that it can harm you or anyone?

Btw, i didn't say that i don't have money to pay. What i said is that I don't have credit card or paypal to buy services online.

@koeiekat

i appreciate what you have offered but to be real honest its not readable. i have showed it in several people but no one were able to read that until you follow up a reply telling what it is and i don't give conditions, its just i'm giving information so you guys can follow and get ideas from the images that i posted above.

-

now i know that asking for free font is such a big hassle and a burden, and whatever reasons, etc. from you guys then at least i know that then there is no point of asking you people now.

thanks for nothing and sorry if it was such a burden. gg

Edited 3 times. Last edit on Mar 17, 2014 at 08:30 by FontAddict

Mar 17, 2014 at 09:35

FontAddict, what everyone is trying to tell you, is that you probably don't realize how much time it takes to make a font. Making a font, especially the style you're looking for, requires skills. Let's say you're a very good football player, and you play in the English Premier League. Well, you won't go and play for free in someone else's team in League Two just because they asked you and just because they say they need a new player, right? Like Daaams is saying in the very first answer to your message, what you're asking is simply impossible.

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:08

drf said  
FontAddict, what everyone is trying to tell you, is that you probably don't realize how much time it takes to make a font. Making a font, especially the style you're looking for, requires skills. Let's say you're a very good football player, and you play in the English Premier League. Well, you won't go and play for free in someone else's team in League Two just because they asked you and just because they say they need a new player, right? Like Daaams is saying in the very first answer to your message, what you're asking is simply impossible.

in short i didn't know making fonts requires skills

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:14

FontAddict said  
in short i didn't know making fonts requires skills

nonsense...

if it doesn't require skills, why are you asking instead of doing it ?
are you too skilled ?

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:14

Maybe you can check this: http://www.dafont.com/faq.php#create

Edited on Mar 17, 2014 at 10:15 by drf

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:32

In the first place I have no single idea that font making requires "plenty of skills?????"

I just tried if someone is willing, if he/she is willing then its a great thing if NOT then its the same, I CAN understand a simple big "NO" so no heartfelt to that.

But for those people who kept bashing me for just a damn font (whose btw talks as if its a big deal and as if it kills them) well, i'm not forcing you to make one am I?

Anyways, this conversation leads to nothing but its more becoming like a FLAMING from bunch of I-Dont-Know-What-Kind-of-Attitude, immature than me. Gosh! get a grip of yourselves, what did i ever do wrong to any of you.

@daaams

! what is? but how come you made severals for FREE? and the way you speak. you've got issues

Edited 3 times. Last edit on Mar 17, 2014 at 11:13 by FontAddict

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:39

now you know !

it takes a lot of time, and a lot of skills.
that's why people usually charge several thousands of dollars for a custom font.
Not even talking about a custom calligraphy font.

you'd better use an existing font (there are plenty of it, mostly commercial fonts), or try to create it by yourself (but you might be disappointed).

All times are CET. The time is now 07:04

Privacy Policy  -  Contact