Forum

5 posts

Can't download respective font

Mar 11, 2014 at 20:38

I just recently downloaded the feel,font with no problems. I am unable to download respective font for some reason. It keeps saying not a valid file font. I have tried for two days. Please help!

Mar 11, 2014 at 20:57

Unzip before opening or installing.

Mar 11, 2014 at 21:03

havent had the option of unzipping....eek have windows vista

Mar 11, 2014 at 21:17

What may possibly be an eek?

Mar 12, 2014 at 06:39

Pf weldy, it sounds like you're trying to install the .zip file instead of the font.

A .zip file is a compressed archive that can contain more than one file. The size of the .zip file is smaller than the size of the files inside, sort of like if you sit on a full suitcase, to be able to close it. Because .zip archives are smaller, they use up less disk space on your computer, they can be downloaded faster, and they use less bandwidth for the transfer from DaFont to your computer.

Probably about half of the download .zips on DaFont contain more than one file - often there are more than one style of the font, and/ or there's a read me or commercial use license document, and sometimes a graphic or character guide. If the files were not in a .zip, you would have to make a separate download for each file, and a lot of people would just download the font - which isn't what the designer of the font wants.

Try right clicking on the picture icon for the Respective font, and look for an option in the menu to Extract, in other words, to move the files that are in the .zip to a folder that's not compressed. After you have extracted the files, you'll be able to recognize the font file(s) by the picture icon. Do a right-click on a font file, and select "Install" from the menu, for Windows Vista.

All times are CEST. The time is now 18:04

Privacy Policy  -  Contact