Forum

10 posts

Some help deciding on a specific letter design.

Jan 04, 2014 at 23:20

I've been struggling to choose a final design form the letter "A" and would appreciate some feedback, This is my first time modifying or really doing anything regarding fonts. The first two designs are very similar but the final design is very different.

The three designs:

Thanks for any feedback.

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Jan 04, 2014 at 23:51 by claudeserieux

Jan 05, 2014 at 02:11

2nd one

Jan 05, 2014 at 05:17

Thanks for the Feedback I thought that would be the one people would like, It fits more with my designs for the other characters.

Jan 06, 2014 at 10:50

Same choice : 2nd
But with a triangle for the right-bottom part (like the 1st)

But it's difficult to make a choice without looking the other letters.

Jan 06, 2014 at 18:21

This was originally only going to contain the letters I required (For a title), This is the first time I have done anything regarding fonts. I will upload additional characters when I feel they are finished, The "A" above is almost completed I just have to modify the proportions slightly to fit with the other characters I have done.

I want to keep the base of the letter always flat and while the first design has a pointed base (At one side) it looks off to me, Maybe because the proportions are wrong for the triangle.

Once again thanks for the feedback

Jan 17, 2014 at 04:34

Quick update on the letter I asked for advice with and some other I have created. The design has changed slightly and I did decided to go with a pointed base. As I said I was only going to be creating the letters and numbers I required. The letters I have completed are the letter in my username. I will be completing the rest when I have spare time. Reading these forums and the FAQ was extremely helpful and I thank the people who helped me with the design

Reading these forums and the FAQ was extremely helpful and I thank the people who helped me with the design of 'A' I am still not happy with the 'A' though, But this was the most fitting out of the many iterations I went through.

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Jan 17, 2014 at 07:52 by Razor 116

Jan 17, 2014 at 05:39

Sorry, I do not have Chrome.

Jan 17, 2014 at 07:44

Chrome Is not required, It should be visible on any modern browser. It works for me in IE, Firefox and Chrome so I'm not sure why it is not displaying for you. I used Drive in my first post, You must have downloaded the image then and re-uploaded it to cjoint. I have fixed the links.

Edited on Jan 17, 2014 at 07:46 by Razor 116

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:44

Lettering with a black background looks better, design of "A" is in my opinion a good

Jan 17, 2014 at 16:42

Thanks I agree, The black background white text version is my preference.

All times are CEST. The time is now 02:19

Privacy Policy  -  Contact