Ad by a2nerio

Forum

7 posts

Possibly three different fonts used?

Aug 30, 2013 at 00:24

I first assumed that the "4" and “STATE” are in Clarendon font, but that doesn't seem to be the case, unless I don't have the correct style. The lower case of “Maintenance Supply” MAY be in Brush Script MT, just not 100% sure. I can't find the “M” and “S” in that same text, though...quite a few fonts come up similar in searches (including Loki Cola, which is as close as it gets using my eyes).

I've given up...I'm hardly the expert! Thank you for any assistance.

Possibly three different fonts used?

Identified font

Commercial Script  Suggested by fmontpetit 

Aug 30, 2013 at 02:17

M and S
Identified font: Commercial Script

Aug 30, 2013 at 06:54

Looks great. Thank you.

The rest of that text (Maintenance Supply) is in fact Brush Script.

Now, I've been told that "STATE" is Century Schoolbook Bold, which seems accurate. The "4" just doesn't fit it, though, no matter how much I tinker with the style properties.

Anyone have an idea? I expected it to be the same font as the other, but I was incorrect.

Aug 30, 2013 at 09:28

The 4 may very well be a modified Cushing Heavy.

Aug 30, 2013 at 09:40

koeiekat said  
The 4 may very well be a modified Cushing Heavy.

Easily the closest yet. All but the base of the "4" matches, and that's usually where I find myself out of answers. It's a perfect block shape in the logo, while the Cushing Heavy font (which I had on my computer, but must have looked over it) kind of slopes down (on each side) from the main vertical down to the base.

If this guy wasn't so dead-set on using the EXACT logo, I'd settle for a font that is pretty close. I just can't find it...and it feels like I've looked through roughly 1,000 fonts already.

Again, I appreciate the help with this (those that have replied, and those who may down the road).

Aug 30, 2013 at 09:48

Suppose I could adjust the base manually, since I'm going to have to edit in the extension from the middle of the number.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:14

You could also try WSI's Chesterfield Condensed, stretched a bit.

All times are CEST. The time is now 19:19

Privacy Policy  -  Contact