Ad by PK 2012

Forum

7 posts

Expanding a font with font Fontforge

Jul 29, 2013 at 13:49

Hi,

I would like to use some free fonts for a project but some of them are just a little bit too condensed for me. I would like to resize width around 15% more to gain better readability and adjust letter spacing accordingly, keeping all other values as original font. In other words I would like to slightly expand the font.
I downloaded and tried Fontforge but result is not clear and precise as original font. Can you advise me best way to expand a font with Fontforge or other free software?

Thanks

Jul 29, 2013 at 19:53

Are you sure you have the permission of the designer(s) to modify the font files? If you where to do it with one of mine I'll bite off your balls and then sue you for having had those ball in the first place.

When you don't like what you can get make the stupid fucking thing yourself. Dumbo.

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Jul 29, 2013 at 20:02 by dafont

Jul 30, 2013 at 15:57

Thanks for your reply. Sure I double checked the free font license says it can be modified for your own use only. I asked directly the designer, he is not able to help me right now but he confirmed permission to modify for my project. So do you have any helpful tip? It is possibile expand a font with fontforge? I prefer to save money and do it myself if possible instead of paying someone for that. If not thanks anyway.

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:44

Alternatively anyone knows who can expand a font a for money? All my trying with FontForge make the font much fuzzy.

Jul 31, 2013 at 14:51

koeiekat said  
I'll bite off your balls

Jul 31, 2013 at 17:15

xrtdante said  
Expanding a font with font Fontforge

... some free fonts ... but some of them ...

... some a new variation on 'the'

Jul 31, 2013 at 18:53

Sorry I am not Eglish native speaker. My fault

All times are CEST. The time is now 16:32

Privacy Policy  -  Contact