Ad by opx_work

Forum

38 posts

Trouble unzipping SSF4 Akubet font

Sep 15, 2010 at 04:43

After I finish the download I try to open the folder and I get a message saying "windows cannot open the folder the compressed zip folder is invalid" of if i try to right click and extract all it says "the compressed zip folder is empty".other fonts I tried have unzipped and installed fine.Im using windows 7 and the default zip program.

Edited on Sep 15, 2010 at 04:43 by sogdt

Sep 15, 2010 at 05:23

There's no font by that name on this site, sogdt. You should probably be posting on the forum for the site where you got it. Google has no results for SSF4 Akubet.

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:16

SSF4 = Super Street Fighter 4 ?
are you trying to leave us a special message ?

Sep 15, 2010 at 17:03

sorry its ssf4 abuket.and yes its the font from super street fighter 4 thats why i want it so bad

Sep 15, 2010 at 17:29

I have trie it and I don't have problem to unzip and install this font.
Did you have trie to download it a second time ? Perhaps this is simply a problem that occure in your first download...

Sep 15, 2010 at 17:33

ive tried it several times and it still doesnt work

Sep 15, 2010 at 17:38

also everytime i download it the file is a different size.the last 2 times i tried first it was 79kb the next time it was 58kb.

Sep 15, 2010 at 17:39

sogdt said  
ive tried it several times and it still doesnt work

If you are using an older unzipping tool, try upgrading to a newer version.

Sep 16, 2010 at 09:03

sogdt said  
also everytime i download it the file is a different size.the last 2 times i tried first it was 79kb the next time it was 58kb.

It's clearly a problem of download (software, link, etc.).
The size of the ZIP file is 489 kb (501 562 b). If you don't have exactely this size, the zip file will be impossible to uncompress.

Sep 16, 2010 at 23:38

finally works now thanks guys

Sep 17, 2010 at 01:07

if you ever come back... what was the problem ?

Jul 04, 2011 at 16:08

sogdt said  
Trouble unzipping SSF4 Akubet font

After I finish the download I try to open the folder and I get a message saying "windows cannot open the folder the compressed zip folder is invalid" of if i try to right click and extract all it says "the compressed zip folder is empty".other fonts I tried have unzipped and installed fine.Im using windows 7 and the default zip program.

I get this same problem with several fonts. I have tried loads of different times to download them and get the same message each time. Some other fonts are OK. I have Windows Vista. Sorry Menhir don't understand about the file size - not very technical - which seemed to have solved sogdt's problem.

Can you, or someone help please cos getting really frustrated. Oh yes, only have dial-up but as I said other fonts have been OK.

Jul 04, 2011 at 16:52

It is a connection problem. With dial-up the doewnload time for fonts with a size of close to half a megabyte - and those are common in these times of 'let's make fonts look as destructed as possible' - download can take up to 15 minutes easily. There only needs to be one slight interruption in the line/connection and the download stops, giving you a unusable (partial) zip file.
Try again and again and again is your solution, or don't try to download oversized font files (mosttimes rubbish (imho) anyway, or find a friend with a broadband connection, or get a broadband connection yourselves. Although the latter seems to be a bit overdone for just downloading a font ...

Jul 04, 2011 at 17:24

Try to use download manager, in case you lose connection, you will be able to resume partially downloaded files

Jul 04, 2011 at 17:27

Thanks Koeiekat. Wish I could get a broadband connection! In a 'white zone' broadband NOT available - yes, they do STILL exist, unbelievable isn't it. It's strange because the download seems to take literally seconds. Is it a case that it appears where you have saved it before the file has actually finished downloading?

Jul 04, 2011 at 19:11

Thanks Sashix

Jul 05, 2011 at 17:50

And, Fleurie, if I may ask, where would that white spot be?

Jul 05, 2011 at 18:42

there still are a lot of "zones blanches" in France in 2011, even 8km away from Paris...

Jul 05, 2011 at 19:04

Spookie daaams, how do you know I'm in France?

Jul 05, 2011 at 19:11

what makes you say i'm talking about you ?

All times are CET. The time is now 16:55

Privacy Policy  -  Contact