Forum

17 posts

asking for a password

May 05, 2011 at 20:59

I am trying to install the font and it is stating the file is password protected and asking for said password....Any ideas?

May 05, 2011 at 21:51

Ideas? Sure! Before you download read the little text that says Pass or so.
This, by the way only happens when you are illegally downloading fonts/font collections. Will never happen when you download at legit sites as dafont and so.
Was that smart to ask the question here?

May 05, 2011 at 22:53

I downloaded it from dafont though?!

May 06, 2011 at 08:15

charl343 said  
I downloaded it from dafont though?!

Nope. There are no password protected fonts on dafont.

May 06, 2011 at 08:58

A font can't be protected with a password. The protection is sure on one of the software you use.
How do you process to install a font ? When occure your problem ?
What OS are you using in you computer ?
Have you read the FAQ ? http://www.dafont.com/faq.php

May 06, 2011 at 09:20

It occurs when I try to save the font into the font file via windows as per the instructions on the FAQ. It comes up with a message stating 'font name' is password protected, please enter password. It has happened to all three fonts I have downloaded from here which are described as free.

May 06, 2011 at 09:27

no fonts are password protected here... You should give us the name of the font you are trying to install, or better : make a screen capture of the error message.
Why do people are always so inacurate when asking for help ? WHY ?

Edited on May 06, 2011 at 09:28 by vinz

May 06, 2011 at 11:28

maybe you don't have the admin rights to install a font on the computer you're using ?
if it yours ? the computer of your company ?

May 06, 2011 at 11:47

HOW DO YOU PROCESS TO INSTALL A FONT ????

May 06, 2011 at 22:47

To daaams, thanks very much for your reply. It would appear that the computer I was initially using to download the font was asking for a password due to the settings. I have downloaded and installed the font via the laptop. Also, thanks to everyone else who tried to help with my issue.
To vinz, maybe people are a little vague and inaccurate when asking for help because they are unsure of what they are doing. Isn't that the whole point of forums like this? To ask for help and assistance? Being obnoxious is not helpful and is quite offensive. Maybe you should remember that in future. We don't all sit at our computers all day thinking we're great and being horrible to people. It's a bit like me being critical and offensive about your spelling and grammar. That's the problem with public forums, there are always people who think they are smarter than everyone else. WHY??

May 07, 2011 at 11:56

You are absolutely right Charl and I fully agree. The people here at the forum are required to read someones brain. They have to! Because some 50% of the someones posting here carefully avoid to give even a fraction of the info that might help to answer the question. Look at your post for example: "I am trying to install the font". Now it is clear - and that is exactly why you are so right - that we know immediately which one of the ± 11,000 fonts here on Dafont you are talking about. So we can test what is happening, reconstruct your problem and give you the solution in no time. That is what we are here for, aren't we?

Have fun my friend and ... be nice to the cats.

Edited on May 09, 2011 at 01:10 by koeiekat

May 07, 2011 at 14:36

you should come here and say directly : "Hi, i'm trying to install this font : "http://www.dafont.com/fr/ink-in-the-meat.font (for example)" and it's not working. I've got this error message : "Place EXACT error message here""
With this little phrase, with this very little info, we had answered you in 1 shot ! is that really so hard ? We are a bunch of passionates here, happy to share knowledge but it's a pain in the ass to worm information out everytime... sorry if i offended you, this wasn't the goal of my message. In fact, i had thought to the admin rights problem, but your message was so vague that it didn't match. See? better communication, efficient results... simple!
Oh and for your information, english is not my first language. I'm french and i'm trying to do my best. Something to say about my grammar and spelling? Please DO!! i'm here to LEARN, So do you... you should take this as a lesson (you know, as i am smarter than everyone i can give you lessons )

Edited on May 07, 2011 at 14:40 by vinz

May 07, 2011 at 15:37

... as i am smarter than everyone ... Ehhhh? Forgot about The Kat?

Dec 16, 2011 at 03:13

I am getting the same error message when I try to download any font. I have tried with all the fonts on this page: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=112&page=2
but unfortunately none work. The exact error message is: "File '(any font name here)' is password protected. Please enter the password in the box below." I don't know what to do! By the way, vinz, this is a friendly and helpful forum community. Everyone here is dedicated to giving each other tips and solving each other's problems. If you don't want to help people, but instead waste people's time and energy insulting them about the specificity of their requests, please discontinue your comments on the forum. We want to include everyone who has a nice and helpful word.

Dec 16, 2011 at 09:18

While you took time to read Vinz's message, you should have been reading this one in the same thread about giving a very good advice on how to get good help by explaining a problem accurately.

Dec 21, 2011 at 15:10

Please dash, go to hell and shut the fuck up!

Jan 03, 2012 at 11:29

Vinz an other regulars of this forum give their time to help many people on this forum.
But we help only this who can have a little bit of repect. We're not machines.

All times are CET. The time is now 00:46

Privacy Policy  -  Contact