Ad by mekintos

Forum

17 posts

Illest Logo Font

Apr 17, 2011 at 00:11

Can someone tell me what font is used in the Fatlace Illest logo?

Illest Logo Font

Suggested fonts

Clear Line  Suggested by inesaires 
The Only Exception  Suggested by kanarnia 
Desyrel  Suggested by wawahaha 
Never Let Go  Suggested by hayere 
Miniolla  Suggested by undecals_graphics 
Plain Pensle  Suggested by LongLiveBugga 

Apr 17, 2011 at 11:05

been lookin for that as well

Apr 17, 2011 at 11:58

I'm not sure but probably is never let go.
Suggested font: Never Let Go

Apr 17, 2011 at 18:25

same font of Titleist

http://www.titleist.com/

Apr 17, 2011 at 18:34

similar font
Suggested font: Desyrel

Feb 26, 2012 at 06:01

similar font
Suggested font: The Only Exception

Feb 26, 2012 at 21:54

Suggested font: Plain Pensle

Mar 15, 2012 at 00:56

its not a font that i know of. the graphic was manipulated from the original logo by "titleist" http://www.titleist.com/images/shell/logo.jpg

Mar 15, 2012 at 01:39

I just created a logo with a font i made based off of illest heres a link look at it http://tinypic.com/r/1es9if/5

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:30

This one is similar but i'm looking for that as well
Suggested font: Clear Line

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:08

I would have to say that the most likely option to achieve 100% accuracy of this logo is to modify it using the Titleist Golf logo as a source.
Nobody has been able to pin-point this font yet: https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/?q=titleist

Apr 23, 2018 at 18:33

I'm just sitting here, shaking my head wondering whether or not ANY of you realize just how embarrassed you should be, but are too daft to comprehend it.

The Titleist logo was hand-drawn back in the 1930s, when designers actually used to care about quality and tradition of real artwork, not just "font-ing" everything.

It was never turned into a "font", or as we educated professionals call it, a "typeface".

No, this is LINE ART, it's NOT A FONT. Please go educate yourselves regarding design and tradition.

Jul 15, 2018 at 03:10

@2Shades It seems you are knowledgeable when it comes to the history of typography and I think sharing what you know with others is a noble pursuit. That being said, your comment comes off a bit condescending. Designers now still care about quality and many type designers still use traditional methods to develop their fonts, even if they use a computer software (which is a tool just like a pencil and a ruler). I'm sure some readers didn't read too much into your comment and went off researching based on what you said, so thanks for sharing.

Edited 2 times. Last edit on Jul 15, 2018 at 03:11 by FontBased

Oct 03, 2018 at 20:04

2SHADES said  
I'm just sitting here, shaking my head wondering whether or not ANY of you realize just how embarrassed you should be, but are too daft to comprehend it.

The Titleist logo was hand-drawn back in the 1930s, when designers actually used to care about quality and tradition of real artwork, not just "font-ing" everything.

It was never turned into a "font", or as we educated professionals call it, a "typeface".

No, this is LINE ART, it's NOT A FONT. Please go educate yourselves regarding design and tradition.

You should be the one that's embarrassed. @fontbased was being nice. Your comment makes you sound like an asshole. Which judging by the context of it, is probably accurate to who you are. Based of of a few comments on a font website you're going to generalize the entire design industry and compare it to the 1930's? Pretty sure adobe and a computer weren't just laying around pre WWII. As good as you think you are, you stick to the traditional method and I'll shit all over your production time with my tablet... I'd probably do so with a pick axe and a rock too, but whatever. Go back to school and learn how not to be a dick... ya dick.

Aug 27, 2020 at 19:21

SorryNotSorry said  
2SHADES said  

You should be the one that's embarrassed. @fontbased was being nice. Your comment makes you sound like an asshole. Which judging by the context of it, is probably accurate to who you are. Based of of a few comments on a font website you're going to generalize the entire design industry and compare it to the 1930's? Pretty sure adobe and a computer weren't just laying around pre WWII. As good as you think you are, you stick to the traditional method and I'll shit all over your production time with my tablet... I'd probably do so with a pick axe and a rock too, but whatever. Go back to school and learn how not to be a dick... ya dick.

And to that end - there are a few font creators out there who make it a hobby of recreating older, long-loved typefaces so that other people can use them easily in future projects. So regardless of whether or not a typeface was originally created in the 1930s, any font creator worth their salt would/could/should/ be able to recreate that style of font for other people to use. Maybe someone has already made a Titleist and we simply haven't stumbled across it yet. But it is certainly nothing to act like an elitist dickhead about. Just like we can find fonts that emulate illuminated manuscript, Renaissance calligraphy, Nordic runes and heavy metal bad logos - just because it was made in the past doesn't mean it has to stay there...

Apr 19, 2021 at 21:46

mikeyrocksx said  
Illest Logo Font

Can someone tell me what font is used in the Fatlace Illest logo?

Jun 26, 2022 at 08:29

this is same 90%
Suggested font: Miniolla

All times are CEST. The time is now 00:49

Privacy Policy  -  Contact