Foro

Posts de hanoded

11/03/2015 a las 18:15  [respuesta]  searching that font

I'm creating one just like it, so wait a couple of days

05/02/2015 a las 19:56  [respuesta]  Life is Strange Font

It IS whatnot. The full version comes with alternate letters. You'll have to use indesign or photoshop to see them.

05/02/2015 a las 11:51  [respuesta]  Illegal use of font

FINAL: they are paying. We agreed on a sum halfway from what I asked and what they wanted to pay. Case closed, everyone is happy (more or less).
@metaphasebrothel - if you want you can start a new thread about typography, aesthetics and how it should be done and you can ruminate all you want. This thread was about the illegal use of a font and I opened it to ask advice.

04/02/2015 a las 23:07  [respuesta]  Illegal use of font

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Edgar Allan Poe

04/02/2015 a las 22:05  [respuesta]  Illegal use of font

... hmm, you think???

04/02/2015 a las 21:35  [respuesta]  Illegal use of font

@matephasebrothel

Just read something interesting in your reply: you say that no one will ever fork out $500 for one of my fonts. Let me tell you, they do. And more. And the news is: I am not even bragging. You may think you know all about the aesthetics of typography and you may even have a sophisticated taste when it comes to design, but, as I just pointed out (and am pointing out again), I do good. Period.

04/02/2015 a las 21:31  [respuesta]  Illegal use of font

Or get drunk and forget about it all.....

04/02/2015 a las 21:23  [respuesta]  Illegal use of font

@metaphasebrothel

FYI: I know my fonts are not Helvetica's, or Futura's. Thank you for pointing that out. The sole reason I put the basic fonts (with only a few glyphs) on dafont is that I believe people should be able to use fonts free for personal use. I DO sell my full fonts (with kerning and all the glyphs) through my own site, myfonts, fontspring, monotype and more of those companies and they DO sell well. As a matter of fact I am making quite a decent living selling them. Maybe they're not your cuppa tea, but you really don't need to tell me that my fonts are crap and that I make too many. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and even if I did create a mediocre font every day, I still make a comfortable living selling them. And that, my friend, is more than most people here can say.

04/02/2015 a las 21:16  [respuesta]  Illegal use of font

Whoa, wow! I poked a stick in an ant-heap!! Ok, I'll tell you guys what's been happening. I sent the advertising company a clear letter (see example given by Vinz - you just adjust it to your needs) telling them that they used my font without paying for it. After all, they did use the demo font (available from dafont), which came with a FAQ file in which I explain that personal use = free, commercial use requires a donation. This donation is not $10, it's up to you. The company told me they were wrong, so I guess the fact they admitted being wrong was something good. I told them which font it was, where they could find the ad (and all the websites it was on). I asked for an X amount of $. They called me and told me they were willing to pay an X amount (less than I wanted), so right now we're negotiating the amount. I told these people that I am not here to rip them off (even when they did use my font illegally), but that I wanted them to right the wrongs. It is impossible to trash or halt the campaign and I realise that (and so did they), so I told them I was merely seeking justice and a compensation for my work.
So in short, this is what I learned:

- if you think your font is being used illegally, then ask the company involved (nicely)
- If they cannot show evidence of having paid, then demand a reasonable sum for your work. If the company is a tiny sweet shop, don't go overboard; if it's a world-wide operating multi-million $ company, ask for more. Just realise that we do not live in the USA and that the amount you ask for is reasonable.
- Write them that letter, tell them where they used the font, point out that they infringed on your rules and ask for a set amount, due in X days.
- Naming and shaming is not done, UNLESS they refuse to pay and play dumb.

And guys, ADD a FAQ file to your downloads. Inside the zip! That way you can always be sure that they received it when they downloaded the font.

03/02/2015 a las 10:58  [respuesta]  Illegal use of font

;-) thanks Vinz,

Did send them a letter just like that, but they remain quiet. I'll wait another week or so, then write them another letter. If nothing works, I'll contact the big company they made the campaign for. I am sure they don't like bad publicity (given the international status of this company and the fact that everyone in the world knows them).

03/02/2015 a las 10:00  [post initial]  Illegal use of font

A big advertising company used one of my fonts for a campaign for one of the world's largest companies (I am not naming names yet). They downloaded the font from dafont and used it. Inside the font zip is a readme file in which it is stated that the font is free for personal use ONLY and that commercial use requires a donation. I wrote this company a mail, because I could not find any information in my Paypal administration that a donation had indeed been made. They admitted (via mail) that they did not pay. I wrote them a second letter telling them to pay up, but to date they have not answered. Any suggestions how to take this further????

18/11/2014 a las 23:10  [respuesta]  Teatime

It is handmade, but this comes close:

Fuente sugerida: Quatrain

05/07/2014 a las 19:47  [respuesta]  "Movi-Kanti-Revo" font

moi non plus font (with some photoshop alterations)

Fuente identificada: Moi Non Plus

31/07/2013 a las 22:14  [respuesta]  Font suggestions for book about Islam

I'd keep it simple, as nothing will satisfy someone who comes up with these qualities for a font. How about Helvetica Neue?
Clean, nice, legible, honest, firm

Probably less original and I know nothing of the truth...

16/05/2013 a las 22:29  [respuesta]  pls!

The Truth = Quilted Butterfly

Fuente identificada: Quilted Butterfly

16/03/2013 a las 07:25  [respuesta]  Font Help!

Fledermaus

Fuente identificada: DK Fledermaus

27/12/2012 a las 20:06  [respuesta]  what’s this font? Please

Wet Dream

Fuente identificada: Wet Dream

wet dream font

Fuente identificada: Wet Dream

16/09/2012 a las 10:01  [respuesta]  Promise

Face Your Fears

Fuente identificada: Face Your Fears

12/06/2011 a las 21:36  [respuesta]  Spam in your private messages?

Hey, I got 4,25 million US$ from a dead Iraqi. You can have some too, just give me your contact and bank account details!

hehehe, come on guys, someone with a hard-luck story and money to spare has to be spam. There are people in Africa being paid to manually insert these messages into forums. I have seen them in action in Mali. They operate mostly on dating sites, but the seem to have found Dafont as well. Nothing you can do about it, just ignore these idiots.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 23:58

Anuncio de bigteezar
Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto