Anuncio de fthafm

Foro

33 posts    Sólo solicitudes

Posts de kirksucks

09/05/2010 a las 17:34  [respuesta]  What makes a font popular?

I think what truly makes a font popular is a balance between originality and usability. and being in the top 10 fonts or on page 1.

I spent maybe a week on Blog The Impaler and Oakland Hills 1991 but they dont get downloaded nearly as much as Take Out The Garbage, which took me like 20 minutes to do. So despite the originality of a 3D flaming Block Serif font, it doesnt lend itself to many applications. Brutal Tooth on the other hand is now the logo font of choice for crappy Death Metal bands all over the world. (not that I've seen much in the way of donations for it either)

Pee Pants was in the top 5 for a couple months, #1 for most of it. Then a new batch of fonts came out and wham, page 60. seeing similar with Ghetto Marquee now too. Thanks dafont for the 15 minutes.

@JasonArthur I cant even imagine spending more than a few days, let alone a month on a font. Kudos for the dedication.

05/05/2010 a las 22:34  [respuesta]  What makes a font popular?

Being on the front page of dafont helps.

28/04/2010 a las 20:55  [respuesta]  what font is this

thanks everyone, despite it being wrong, they're sticking with Italican. I guess they dont want to pay for another font.

24/04/2010 a las 23:49  [post initial]  what font is this

They said it was Italican Script Expanded, so I bought it hoping there were alt chars for the more swooping letters but there isnt. The p is all wrong.

little help.

21/04/2010 a las 20:19  [respuesta]  what font is this?

never mind found it, Myriad Pro italic. didnt realize how much the "e" changes with the italic version.

21/04/2010 a las 19:46  [post initial]  what font is this?

thanks in advance. need to know asap. love it when clients give you web images for print material.

19/04/2010 a las 19:43  [respuesta]  WorldWide Font Project (WWFP)

lol, if the project includes the letter you did, you get a % every time that letter is used in the project. the money is in designing R, S, T, L, N, or E preferably lowercase right?

19/04/2010 a las 19:40  [respuesta]  Sites Redistributing daFont Fonts

I see my fonts on movie posters, band stickers and the occasional blog. I do get emails asking about fonts and sometimes a donation trickles into paypal. but I still feel like i'm not getting compensated adequately for commercial use.

just sucks.

15/04/2010 a las 17:44  [respuesta]  Font Password

sounds like whatever unzip program you're using is requiring a password.

15/04/2010 a las 17:40  [respuesta]  How do you know if...

I'm not expecting an email stating fonts were not accepted, just more clarity after hasty Submit button clicks to the length of time it takes for submissions, and that you will not get a response if it was not accepted. In addition to the note after submission, a mention of it in the FAQ's would be helpful to many. I looked high and low for an answer, and I think ended up emailing you after I submitted my first font here. FAQ's were more about font creation and download/installation in nature.

thanks, your presence here is appreciated.

13/04/2010 a las 17:21  [respuesta]  How do you know if...

Despite the convenient confirmation on this forum, typically you'll never know why it wasn't submitted, or if it was at all. Typically it takes a month or longer for your font to be accepted. Fonts get submitted in batches, so if your font is accepted, you will get an email, and see it live on the site in a large batch of new fonts.

I too wondered in limbo about my fonts after submitting my first few. I wish there was a forum on dafont back then where I could ask, and get a prompt response as you have.

I can't recall if this info is in the FAQ's, if it isn't it should be. It's frustrating to not know the status of your font submission. this bit of info would clear it up for many new people.

thanks for listening.

05/04/2010 a las 21:35  [respuesta]  Sites Redistributing daFont Fonts

not being able to keep track sucks. I created a font that was #1 on here for a while, and it started popping up all over the place. like wildfire you can't keep track of A: who's stealing your font and B: how popular it actually is. ... or isnt.

01/04/2010 a las 22:11  [post initial]  awesome finally!

a dafont forum.

that is all.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 02:11

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto