Anuncio de AycaAtalay

Foro

Posts de metaphasebrothel

08/01/2015 a las 12:59  [respuesta]  Cherche police symbole

05/01/2015 a las 21:21  [respuesta]  Add Dafont into Blogger

rf27304 ha dicho  
Add Dafont into Blogger

How do you add Dafont into blogger for blog?

blDafontogger for blog?

blogger foDafontr blog?

blogger for bDafontlog?

~bobistheobtuse

Editado el 05/01/2015 a las 21:22 por metaphasebrothel

05/01/2015 a las 21:17  [respuesta]  Cannot download fonts

Well that ruled out a lot of possible explanations. Can you tell us the name of the font to which you are referring, ddcura? Possibly the problem is with the font file. Somebody here using Windows 7 could check to see if they're having the same problem. Is it one font causing the problem, or all of the ones that you have downloaded, and tried to install? I'm still using XP, so this part will have to be handled by the European contingent.

03/01/2015 a las 23:54  [respuesta]  Cannot download fonts

koeiekat ha dicho  
metaphasebrothel ha dicho  
... Look at the picture icon. if it looks like a font icon, it's a font. If it looks like a stenographer's pad, it's a text document. If it looks like a folder with a zipper on it, or three books with a belt around them, it's a .zip archive.

Or look at the file extension. When it says pfb, pfm, ttf or otf it is a font. When it says txt it is a text document. When it says zip or rar it is an archive. But those extensions have to be visible of course.

I always display file extensions, except when I'm going to be renaming a batch of files.

Sometimes the same icon is used for different image, archive or video files, often dependent on the same default program being used to open the different file types.

I often need to know if a video file is .avi, .mpg, .mov, .mkv. .ts, etc, and even the details view won't tell me that.

I may need to know if an archive is .zip, .rar, or .7z, (or .z7, I don't have many of those). I often need to know if an image is bitmap, .png, .jpg, .tiff, or .gif.

Showing the extensions lets me do that. That's why you do that, too. It doesn't make sense to show the extensions, however, if I'm renaming 100 files at the same time. I hide the extensions until that task is over, then show them again. It's a whole lot easier to do that with Windows XP.

I use Windows 7 where I teach computer skills in one-on-one lessons. I hate it. The whole concept is changed. Instead of the computer following the user's commands, it anticipates what it 'feels' the user wants to do, and does that for him. I want the computer to follow my instructions. I don't want it to direct me.

That's why I'm sticking with XP. I don't want my computer 'dumbed down' to make things easier for people who don't know what they're doing.

Finally, koeiekat, we agree on something. Surely that is the first Sign of the Apocalypse!

Happy new year.

~bobistheowl

Editado 2 veces. Śltima edición el 04/01/2015 a las 09:26 por drf

03/01/2015 a las 14:30  [respuesta]  Cannot download fonts

ddcura ha dicho  
well it seems you're too caught up in being a jerk to actually read what I first said and what isn't actually working. It says it cannot download it because it is not a valid font NOT that I downloaded it twice. Maybe next time you should learn to read, but it seems you're too busy being a jerk to people on the internet instead

Dude, are you trying to install the .zip file? It's necessary to extract the .ttf or .otf file from the .zip archive first. You knew that, didn't you?

Look at the picture icon. if it looks like a font icon, it's a font. If it looks like a stenographer's pad, it's a text document. If it looks like a folder with a zipper on it, or three books with a belt around them, it's a .zip archive.

03/01/2015 a las 14:25  [respuesta]  Marvel Logo Font Alternative

Comic books usually use custom lettering, done by staff members, who do lettering for a living. They get paid a lot less than Keith Morris.

31/12/2014 a las 19:18  [respuesta]  DaFont download statistics

tophy52 ha dicho  
That sounds like something you had to do when your boss busted you downloading fonts on your work time !

You're not even as funny as koeiekat. Stop listening to mimes.

31/12/2014 a las 08:34  [respuesta]  DaFont download statistics

I would have expected most people to download fonts when they aren't at work. If I was the boss in an office, or a restaurant, or a post office, and I saw one of my employees downloading fonts, I would assign him extra work duties, since he had so much free time on his hands.

I can't think of a fourth reason why someone would intentionally have a single case font. Case closed.

koeiekat ha dicho  
Only single case type? Why?

That probably means an all caps alphabet character map, two licenses, or an e e cummings handwriting font. Ome of those three, probably the first.

What part of 100% free did you not understand? Just use it. That's why he made it.

There's got to be at least one Manfred Klein font with circles around numbers, and probably a few.

18/12/2014 a las 21:38  [respuesta]  Foglihtenno01

Try doing what you did before, when you could print it, and not what you did this time, when you couldn't. If you could do it before, but not now, the problem isn't with the font. It's also possible that your printer is out of ink.

I wasn't invited to Zombieland for my font identification skills.

14/12/2014 a las 19:53  [respuesta]  Font Creation Request

paxxpacis, the price range you're planning to offer may prick up a few ears, or provoke a few smiles. If you said £100, it would provoke laughter. If you said £10,000, you'd get some serious interest. We get these inquiries all the time, and four times out of five, from a Troll who just wants to mess with a few people he doesn't know. I'm not saying that's you, but there is the tendency to tar you with that same brush, based on our past experiences with these types of requests.

I don't know of any that actually resulted in a completed font being financially compensated by this sort of arrangement, at DaFont. Custom fonts often cost top dollar. A Newspaper, magazine, or a brand name often has a custom font designed for them, and nobody else gets to use it; it isn't sold to the public. Vogue Magazine, or The Times of London doesn't want your text to look like theirs. Most of these requests involve text for a video game, or something similar, where fine rendering for different text sizes isn't too important. Kids can do those a lot of the time.

I wouldn't be interested in this kind of assignment, creating intellectual property for the benefit of one stranger. You've said nothing in two posts that would interest anyone who could and would be interested in doing a competent job, but the kids are listening.

Dan, you need full A-Z alphabet, minimum. You could likely submit a font with upper case or lower case only, even if the full version has both. Numbers, symbols, punctuation, accented characters, etc. are always welcome, but not essential. If a font is not based on the Latin 26 character alphabet, (example: an ancient Roman design, that doesn't have 'J' and/ or 'U'), that would be OK. Omitting the S from the alphabet so that the font is useless without the commercial version would be cause for rejection, regardless of the quality of the glyphs offered.

Exceptions are made for dingbat fonts, especially many made more than about 15 years ago. If a dingbat font had 12 good glyphs and the rest was blank, it would likely be accepted.

If a dingbat font had one glyph, no matter how good it was, it would be rejected, (there is a sole exception to this rule, but it did not set a precedent).

If you just want to advertise your commercial fonts, you could upload at FontSpace. They don't have a review policy there; anyone who want to make their font available for download has only to submit their font file in a .zip archive, and it will be posted in a few minutes. It would be taken down quickly if the submission was a known copy-written work of a different author, and the submitter's upload privileges would be revoked.

Many good fonts are available on both sites, but there are a lot of fonts available on Fontspace that would be rejected, if submitted here. They aren't good enough.

Added: I didn't read the link urls. You're already familiar with the Fontspace submission process, but that advice also applied to other people reading this thread.

Editado el 14/12/2014 a las 19:31 por metaphasebrothel

14/12/2014 a las 18:06  [respuesta]  Font Creation Request

paxxpacis, if you want to receive sincere replies, you would first need to give us a lot more information. Some people could make a font for you in a couple of hours. Some could work on the same font for months. There are some font authors who make fonts as their primary source of income. There are a lot of authors who make some of their income from fonts, and some who make them for free.

Without any details, your responses are likely to come from teenagers, who usually know how to make half decent fonts. Maybe that's all you need. If you want functional, but non professional quality, you'll probably find someone willing to do that. If you're looking for a custom typeface, the sort of people who could do that don't read the DaFont forum, or they wouldn't be interested.

Making fonts isn't usually a 'work for hire' occupation. It's more of a hobby, with potential to generate some income. People don't make fonts for the monetary incentive, unless they are very talented, or very naive. Most people who make fonts want to chose their own subject matter as well, so the idea of making a font to someone else' desin specifications would appeal mainly to the designer that works quickly, and usually carelessly, with limited technical knowledge.

Imagine if you posted an advertisement in a newspaper, asking for someone to sculpt a statue for you, with details to follow. Who do you think would answer that ad, professional sculptors, or high school students, who took a pottery class at summer camp?

Editado el 14/12/2014 a las 18:11 por metaphasebrothel

14/12/2014 a las 01:00  [respuesta]  fonts into windows live mail

Here's a partial solution, I just successfully tried.

1) Install the font.

2) Open Microsoft Word.

3) Select Font and point size.

4) Type text, and add formatting.

5) Copy the text from MS Word, paste into an e-mail window, and send the e-mail. The e-mail recipient should see the text in the custom font display, provided that they have the same font installed. If not, the text would probably show in the default font, exactly the same way as if the custom font was used in a Word doc, but the font was not embedded in the document. I would strongly doubt that embedding would be part of the copy/ paste command.

I typed the lower case g from my font ObeyWrappers a few times in Word. After selecting and copying it, I pasted the text to my self addressed e-mail compose window, and sent. This is what I received:

(Yes, it is supposed to look like that, for two lines, with three g's per line, at 36 points).

There is no 'attachment paperclip' in the Inbox queue. I also went to nytimes.com, selected a portion of the page, copied it, pasted it into an e-mail Window, and sent that to myself. I received it, including the picture. The colour of text in which hyperlinks had been inserted changed from black to blue, but I observed no other changes. The image was included.

I didn't have to specify my outgoing e-mail as HTML, I just selected/ copied/ pasted/ sent. This is with a hotmail/ outlook e-mail account, so any of a number of e-mail servers should be able to do this, too.

Any recipient should be able to see custom font text display, but only if they have the same custom font installed. You just can't create the custom font text within the e-mail window, you have to paste it there from somewhere else.

I just learned this myself, so I figure at least some other people didn't know it, either.

12/12/2014 a las 05:05  [respuesta]  fonts into windows live mail

Menhir ha dicho  
metaphasebrothel ha dicho  
taking a screen capture of the document, to save it as an image file

Or make a PDF (easier for a long text).

True, but your solution isn't funny, Menhir.

10/12/2014 a las 19:05  [post initial]  DaFont download statistics

I always get the most downloads on Tuesdays. There's a mild decline on Wednesday and Thursday, and a sharper decline on Friday and the weekend. Monday numbers are usually comparable to Wednesdays.

Mine always follow this same pattern. I don't know why more people would download on a Tuesday than on any other day of the week. Perhaps, some years ago, huge batches of fonts were posted at DaFont on a Tuesday, every few weeks, and it's like why the buzzards keep coming to Hinckley, Ohio every year on March 15, because there was a fire at a stockyard there on March 15, around 1870, and all sorts of food animals were barbequed for them, so they keep coming back, hoping it will happen again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinckley_Township,_Medina_County,_Ohio

Editado 2 veces. Śltima edición el 10/12/2014 a las 19:08 por metaphasebrothel

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 07:50

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto