Anuncio de ahweproject

Foro

3 posts

Free for Personal Use?? What does that include??

23/08/2012 a las 19:44

I found this font i want to use for quotes on my Tumblr, but it says free for personal use. Does that mean i can use the font on my Tumblr or not?? Please answer! Thank you, xxxstarlightxxx

23/08/2012 a las 20:12

If you really want the short version, "free for personal use" would mean something like "use it if you don't make money while using it" - but of course it's a little bit more complicated than that in real life. Maybe you should also say which font you're willing to use - sometimes, there's a licence agreement inside the .zip file that explains what the author means.

03/09/2012 a las 19:11

Ask from the person who created the font. Not everyone have the same interpretation of the term "Free for personal use."

If the person who created the font has an account here at Dafont, send him a private message. If an email address is in a text file accoumpanying the font or in the font itself, email the that person. Tell him/her how you are going to use the font and ask what the terms are for how you are going to use the font.

If you will ask me, your use of the font is no longer personal. Once you publish something where you used the font, your use of the font is no longer personal regardless of whether you profit from it or not.

Do not hesitate to ask the person who created the font. Not everyone who creates free for personal use fonts are after your money, especially for how you are going to use the font.

Huso horario CET. Ahora son las 15:10

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto