Anuncio de AlanP

Foro

9 posts

can't find a way to make bmp images into a bitmap font?

08/07/2012 a las 01:12

all right, here's the situation:
I've got a friend who's got a pixel font in a nice grid. I have Photoshop already and can turn this to bmp and separate the characters if necessary, etc. I want to make this into a simple bitmap font. I don't need vectors or anything, I just need to be able to use the font at the single resolution it is on the grid.

I have done a lot of research on how to do this and on fonts in general, tried a lot of programs (I have FontForge w/autotrace installed and can navigate/use it well enough), figured out FontCreator might be able to but can't actually buy it... there seems to be no way I can find on Google that will simply convert the images to the font.
I'm completely willing to work for a few hours if it gets me the font out of it, but I'd really rather not repixel the entire font in FontStruct or something.

this thread I found with searching ( http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/50457/bitmap-image-to-truetype-font ) seems to have the same problem, but I didn't see a solution that I could make use of.

the question boils down to this -- is there a way to convert, either at once or letter by letter, a BMP image(s) into a usable bitmap/pixel font?

thanks in advance for your help!

08/07/2012 a las 11:38

The only way to convert a bitmap to a font is by using a font editor. Or one that has a build-in tracer to convert the bitmap to vectors, or by using a bitmap to vector converter and using those vectors as input for a font editor that does not have a build-in converter.
For what you want Font Creator is probably the most suitable solution but FontForge can do the job as well.

24/05/2013 a las 11:07

bitmap to vector converter .net can work well in this transition. it is a little bit harder for you to convert images to font.in the end, you will find a way.

Editado 3 veces. Última edición el 24/05/2013 a las 11:47 por beimage

25/05/2013 a las 00:32

Have you tried using raster font editor?

25/05/2013 a las 00:41

koeiekat ha dicho  
The only way to convert a bitmap to a font is by using a font editor. Or one that has a build-in tracer to convert the bitmap to vectors, or by using a bitmap to vector converter and using those vectors as input for a font editor that does not have a build-in converter.
For what you want Font Creator is probably the most suitable solution but FontForge can do the job as well.

True Koeikat, for me is same choice " Fontcreator " but i need a Big size 2000/2000px for lot Détails.

25/05/2013 a las 01:06

What sort/type of details? 2000 x 2000 is nothing special. In the end you can always scale down without loosing detail ... or do I totally misunderstand you

25/05/2013 a las 01:23

I lose many points in 200/200 not in 2000/2000 but it's my personal transcription.
Details : "HeleneQueen K" many details...so 2000 is better.

Editado el 25/05/2013 a las 10:08 por Maelle.K

29/04/2014 a las 08:43

beimage ha dicho  
bitmap to vector converter .net can work well in this transition. it is a little bit harder for you to convert images to font.in the end, you will find a way.

converting image to font is the hardest part while you are making bmp image to font, but it is quite easy to convert image. do you have better software or image to font application.

29/04/2014 a las 08:56

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 01:40

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto