Anuncio de fonteca

Foro

3 posts

Unintentional character [not font] substitutions

07/06/2012 a las 17:13

I recently had a major problem where every instance of 'ek' and 'eh' was substitutes with other character combinations. Substitutions happened in the InDesign file and carried over to the print ready PDF. This turned into an expensive problem. The issue was solved by restarting computer, turning off all fonts, only opening the four fonts required for the job, relaunching InDesign and opening the file.

I've been working with Macs and Adobe since PageMaker 1.2 and have never had this problem. Two months ago we upgraded from InDesign CS4 and switched from Suitcase to Font Explorer [on the advice of two reputable font experts]. Does anyone have any ideas what might have happened and how to stop it from happening again? This is costing my office $2200, so my manager needs answers.

Here’s the hardware and software use: MacPro with 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Cor Intel Xeon processors and 4 GB RAM; MacOS 10.6.4; InDesign CS5.5 v7.5.3; Linotype Font Explorer Pro v3.1.1; font affected is Adobe’s Chaparral Pro OT font; 66 page English text layout. Other fonts in file and not affected are Bitstream’s News Gothic BT [TT], Adobe’s Myriad Pro [OT], Typodermic Font’s Steelfish [OT].

I hope you can help in some way, Tom

08/06/2012 a las 05:45

This SHOULDN'T happen with 'ek' and 'eh', but try turning off ligatures and see if you have some odd-ball language option enabled for inDesign.

08/06/2012 a las 19:14

Thanks for the idea Jaynz. I was thinking it might be an issue introduced with all the other languages and related fonts now available. I'm thinking of deleting the fonts for languages I don't need.

Huso horario CET. Ahora son las 14:06

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto