Anuncio de Jaynz

Foro

5 posts

Commercial Licence Issue

02/09/2020 a las 08:03

Hi,
I’m wondering if anyone had ever encountered a designer who asked for donationware for a commercial licence?
I sent a donation at the end of last week after talking to the author and agreeing a price and I’ve never received the licence and I’ve had no contact back to emails.
I’m assuming I still don’t have authorisation to use the font until I receive their agreement 😒

03/09/2020 a las 13:57

Write the author and tell him that you need the paperwork. To avoid this happening again, you should tell the author that you need a signed license agreement during the negotiation process.

To be honest, I am guilty of that myself. :(

03/09/2020 a las 15:16

toto@k22 ha dicho  
Write the author and tell him that you need the paperwork. To avoid this happening again, you should tell the author that you need a signed license agreement during the negotiation process.

To be honest, I am guilty of that myself. :(

I will definitely be doing this from future. I have been lucky that fonts I have purchased in the past have gone through without an issue and communication between and the designer was fine, very friendly and polite.
I advised I would send the donation and then suddenly it went quiet.
I contacted a few days later to check that they were still fine with the agreed amount and I’ve had no answer back since them.

I’ve been in contact 3x now asking if everything is okay to get the licence but so far, no word.

I will give them until the end of the week before I call it a lost cause - I’m not angry, just very disappointed if I have been scammed ☹️ Keeping an open mind that it is just delayed 🤞

04/09/2020 a las 07:58

If you do not get a reply from the author, keep a copy of the emails or better print a copy of the emails with complete headers as proof. Also print a copy of the receipt as I am assuming that payment was made via PayPal. You might not need all of these but it is something for your peace of mind.

I do not foresee any problem that might arise from the author as he/she seems to not care about after sale support. Either that or his/her mailbox is overflowing with license requests that he/she could not readily respond to them. Gee... I envy him/her

04/09/2020 a las 08:17

toto@k22 ha dicho  
If you do not get a reply from the author, keep a copy of the emails or better print a copy of the emails with complete headers as proof. Also print a copy of the receipt as I am assuming that payment was made via PayPal. You might not need all of these but it is something for your peace of mind.

I do not foresee any problem that might arise from the author as he/she seems to not care about after sale support. Either that or his/her mailbox is overflowing with license requests that he/she could not readily respond to them. Gee... I envy him/her

I’ll definitely be keeping copies of all the correspondence, I know there is a risk they can change their mind if I do use it before obtaining the licence but this font was for creating and selling only 1 product type So it was a limited requirement. I guess we will just keep our fingers and toes crossed that they are still okay with the agreement 🤞

Thanks for all advice with this Toto 😊

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 23:41

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto