Anuncio de Enggar Pujana

Foro

5 posts

4EDings Conflict

25/01/2012 a las 16:11

Not sure what the best advice is for this, but here goes...

A few years back there was a preliminary set of PDF manuals for the then-upcoming Dungeons and Dragons 4E game. I had quickly made a font of the special characters from those PDFs and made it available for free online as a courtesy to other Dungeons and Dragons players. Apparently, someone else did as well.

Recently I had gone ahead and put the font up on here as part of my 'update the hell out of everything' run. The font has added some new glyphs based on other games and has had some tweaking and cleaning over the years. Now, my 'competition' is openly and publically accusing me of theft of his font, based on nothing more than that the glyphs are similar to the ones he lifted from WOTC's PDF in the first place.

I've told him that his attorney is free to contact me, or that I would gladly contact his attorney, but I would really like to not have to come to www.dafont.com just to deal with his libel. Is there anything that can be done about this?

25/01/2012 a las 17:30

you both stole characters from a PDF, i don't really understand where the guy sees a problem.

25/01/2012 a las 21:52

Not quite. I printed out the PDF and remade the glyphs by hand. I didn't (at the time) have any utilties for taking glyphs or fonts from PDFs. (On the downside, it's also why I had to revise the font a few times. The early versions weren't exactly great quality.)

26/01/2012 a las 00:28

"All clip art usage is governed by the terms of individual copyrights and usage rights. The copyright and usage rights of a clip art image are important to understand so that the image is used in a legal, permitted way."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_art

26/01/2012 a las 06:42

Permissions from WOTC, at least on my end, were given out when I put the font on WOTC's forums. That's not an issue in this case, fortunately.

Huso horario CET. Ahora son las 03:50

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto