Anuncio de fuzzybat

Foro

8 posts

Renaming Fonts?

21/08/2016 a las 19:38

Hello all, is there any application or such that could help me rename some fonts? (I'm not talking about right click, rename. x.x) The font file names are listed correctly but when I try to install them, it only installs the main font as .▢ and every other font that falls under the font (the italics, bold, bold-italics) I want to install cannot be installed because they are also called .▢ ....

Also, I want to install another font by a different name but I can only install it as .▢ as well... Is there any possible way to correct this? Thank you in advance.

21/08/2016 a las 22:21

Only true otf aware applications will recognize the font sub-famylies. For other applications you will indeed have to add the sub-family name to the family name. Like "fontfamilyname" becomes fontfamilynamebold. You can do this with any font editor.

22/08/2016 a las 18:07

rustic_ ha dicho  
I try to install them, it only installs the main font as .▢ and every other font that falls under the font (the italics, bold, bold-italics)

Try to check the Font options of your software (for exemple, choose Italic with Microsoft Word) and you will see that the other files of the font are installed too.
And it's easier to use than many different fonts for the same family.

It's forbinden to change the name of a font without autorization of the author.

30/08/2016 a las 08:52

Menhir ha dicho  
rustic_ ha dicho  
I try to install them, it only installs the main font as .▢ and every other font that falls under the font (the italics, bold, bold-italics)

Try to check the Font options of your software (for exemple, choose Italic with Microsoft Word) and you will see that the other files of the font are installed too.
And it's easier to use than many different fonts for the same family.

It's forbinden to change the name of a font without autorization of the author.

I don't think you quite understood what I said. o.o
I can't install the bold, italics, ect at all because the file name is the same as the main family name... Like if I try to install X font and X font Bold, it'll say something along the lines of "do you want to overwrite X font with X font Bold?"

Soo... that was why I was asking about renaming the fonts.

30/08/2016 a las 08:53

koeiekat ha dicho  
Only true otf aware applications will recognize the font sub-famylies. For other applications you will indeed have to add the sub-family name to the family name. Like "fontfamilyname" becomes fontfamilynamebold. You can do this with any font editor.

Hmmm, I'll give it a try I guess,

30/08/2016 a las 23:17

I'm having the same problem, please let me know if you find a solution!

06/03/2017 a las 05:48

JoseLuisLeon ha dicho  
I'm having the same problem, please let me know if you find a solution!

Still having this problem?

29/06/2017 a las 11:28

I am not quite sure about it.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 16:21

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto