6 posts

what the font?

27/07/2015 a las 12:00

what the font "easy rider"? Thank you

what the font?

Fuente sugerida

Blaster  Sugerido por conman1985 

27/07/2015 a las 16:41

Asked many times in several font ID forums.
Seems no one found a match.
In my opinion this is lettering.
Don

28/07/2015 a las 13:20

Possibly based on LogoStyle (Roc Mitchell) or a condensed extra bold italic version of it. Not much info on it as a typeface but the letterforms are similar, aside from the Y which may have been changed for legibility. Was officially digitized in 1999 by Roc Mitchell Design and earlier in 1991 by Castcraft Inc. as OPTI Limited View (based on a Dan X. Solo sample). Roc developed several fonts at Alphabet Innovations - established in 1969, the same year as the film was released. Again, just a possibility. Could just as easily have been completely custom type for the film poster. It would be interesting to see if a type sample matching Easy Rider's could be found outside of the film's marketing materials. Then we'd have a stronger indication for an actual typeface rather than custom logotype for the poster.

Possible evolution - minimal manipulation:

Sample character set (Likely Incomplete):

Editado el 28/07/2015 a las 13:21 por conman1985

28/07/2015 a las 13:32

Also similar, with a little imagination - Blaster (dustBUST). Flip the 6's for E's and the 9's for A's. Raise the I and D. Fashion Y from a 9.

Obviously not the original typeface though.
Fuente sugerida: Blaster

28/07/2015 a las 18:39

Roc Mitchell's LogoStyle is really interesting for it's similarities.

Good presentation of a morph between the font and Easy Rider's letters.

Don't know whether LogoStyle or Easy Rider came first but the set of common features is impressive, including the curves on the inside of strokes and the design of _e_, _e_ and _s_

Unfortunately the Roc Mitchell digitization of 1999 does not seem to be available from any legitimate source.
The OPTI digitization is now an orphan font, i.e. it is not available from a source with authorization from the owners of the Castcraft intellectual property rights to the font. For this reason I do not link to locations where OPTI fonts are offered

Don

Editado 2 veces. Última edición el 28/07/2015 a las 18:43 por donshottype

28/07/2015 a las 19:17

Roc Mitchell digitization of 1999 was once available.
See link in conman1985's post of Sept 8, 2014 in http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/167772/nintendo-entertainment-system-not-regular-nintendo-font
Don

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 09:20

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto