Anuncio de DAFONTRULZ

Foro

5 posts

Damaged font: Docktrin

22/05/2015 a las 19:41

Hi all,

I've downloaded a really nice font from dafont.com, but I've had some real issues actually using it. The font is "Docktrin" (docktrin.ttf). It prints fine on some printers, but not on others. Additionally, I've tried converting it to .otf just to see if I couldn't purge the corruption, but no font tool I've come across can fix it.

Just a little notification for those who are thinking of using it. Sorry if this is the wrong place to address that.

22/05/2015 a las 21:01

When it is not printing properly, what is actually happening? Is that then also happening with that printer connected to a Windows machine?

Asking because I think it is not a printer or an OS problem but a font problem.

22/05/2015 a las 21:30

I just talked to the font author. Apparently this is a "demo" version of the font that is not meant to be RIP'ed properly. (Odd that my HP OfficeJet could print it without trouble, but my new Lexmark color laser could not... I think it has to do with Postscript licensing, but that's just a guess.) I have been able to convert the font to outlines and print straight from Adobe Illustrator with no issues... except that that makes for an ENORMOUS .ai or PDF file!

To be completely forthcoming: I'm running Adobe Illustrator CS5 on Mac OS X 10.10.3, using a Lexmark CX410de color laser printer.

My experience with using the font in a document was that the GRAPHICS would print fine, but after about eight TEXT characters in the "Docktrin" font, I would get get an "ERROR: invalid font / OFFENDING COMMAND: show" message, followed by a STACK of about 45 #.### numbers and a row of various punctuation characters.

I'll report back when I hear from the author. I did purchase the font--it is, after all, for commercial use--but it would be good for everyone who catches it here to know "what's up" with this apparent demo version if they have issues when trying to use it.

22/05/2015 a las 21:57

The font is almost one Megabit in size. That in itself could cause problems with some printers. Apart from that, the version here on Dafont has a vertical metrics problem when used with Office on a Mac. I am surprised that Clément has not solved this.

22/05/2015 a las 22:04

Well, it is pretty ornate, which likely accounts for the size. I'm not sure that, in my case, it's an overload issue, since I've been able to convert it to outlines and things work fine (just makes for really bloated .ai & PDF files). I'll forward your observation to him; I never had any metrics issue, but I'm not using MS Office. I do use it in Pages (both current and prior versions) and haven't had any issues.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 18:41

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto