Anuncio de Bhadal Studio

Foro

14 posts

Kraash Not working correctly in Word

21/04/2015 a las 17:25

Hey there! I'm trying to use Kraash in Word, and it's cutting the top and bottom off the font. Can someone help walk me through how to fix this? Thanks!

21/04/2015 a las 17:56

21/04/2015 a las 19:09

Oops, that one is badly made, and also a spelling error in the name ... should have been named Crash.

21/04/2015 a las 19:45

Does that mean there is on way to fix it in Word? I'm not familiar with any good text editors for my MacBook Pro.

21/04/2015 a las 21:21

There is no way this crap can be used with Word on a Mac. If you have access to a Windows machine you will get it to work. But the end result will never be usable on a Mac. As said, it is very badly made, it is rotten and smells like
Best you can do, find something else. Or find someone near to you who knows how to work with a font editor to cut the crap out of this failure.

21/04/2015 a las 22:03

Again, can you clarify 'it can never be usable on a Mac' into something meaningful and useful? You're apparently saying that a lot but are providing absolutely no insight as to WHY that is the case.

22/04/2015 a las 09:23

The metrics settings. But you should have figured that out yourself. Had you taken the time to look at them.

22/04/2015 a las 15:10

Actually, Koeikat, I've looked into this issue. Apparently it's a Mac thing, caused by their changing the OpenType naming conventions on their own, resulting in some misreads of the font headers - screwing everything up. So I'm afraid that it's not these fonts and font authors that are the culprit... but Apple. The metrics in the fonts are set right, but Apple's change screw up the reads.

So you pretty much owe a shitload of people an apology.

22/04/2015 a las 15:39

Office for Mac reads Ascender and Descender. Click calculate and see the magic happen. Done, use it with Word on a Mac and top and bottom are not cut off any more. It is not only your Kraash, there are too many fonts out there which are now unusable with Office on a Mac. Had the font authors the Ascender and Descender set correctly this problem would not have been posted here so many times.

22/04/2015 a las 16:44

First of all, Kraash isn't my font. Not remotely sure why you assumed that it was.

Second, the problem is that the naming convention change causes bad data to load for the ascenders and descenders.. they're set up right in the font, but the Mac's reading issue gives bad data in these fields. It's a problem with the new updates with the Mac and NOT NECESSARILY indicative with any issue on a given font.

Didn't it seem odd to you that dozens of fonts on dafont just stopped being Mac friendly ALL AT ONCE, and from a variety of authors?

You're wrong here, Kat. Deal with it.

22/04/2015 a las 18:44

The problems are always related to Office and Mac. The solution is always proper Ascender and Decsender settings.

As the Kraash not being your font, you are right of course. When you jumped in the discussion I jumped into conclusions. My wrong.

22/04/2015 a las 19:49

Thank you for that one

As for the ascender and descender problems, the problem isn't (necessarily) within the font, but how fonts are handled on the Mac side. In other words, it's the software, not the font. In this particular case, the metrics ARE insanely wrong, but they should be mis-scaling the fonts into tiny little things rather than chopping off the tops and bottoms. Bad font is bad, but Mac/Office appears to be worse.

22/04/2015 a las 21:33

Nope. The problem is in the fonts. The authors did not take into account how Office/Microsoft handles fonts. Had the authors done this there would not have been a problem. The Calculate button is not there for show or any other fancy reason. It is there to prevent this problem.

22/04/2015 a las 22:47

And some of my fonts ran into that on the Mac version even though four different font-editing programs showed that they were indeed calculated correctly. This doesn't happen in Office for Windows, though, it's uniquely a Mac encoding issue.

So, on that note, the lovely and talented Dr. Cox has a song for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPD5q6DC43M

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 01:21

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto