Anuncio de Kong Font

Foro

1 post

Modifying fonts for laser cutting

08/04/2015 a las 05:12

I'm not really a font designer, but I have used CS6 Illustrator in the past to convert outlined text so that all of the interiors of letters are supported to make them like stencils for the purpose of making stainless steel laser cut labels in my work. I am now making a copper plaque to go on my sister's gravestone, and there is so much text with the design I have made, that I want to try to convert a whole fontset to this stencil mode rather than doing it a letter at a time. I have a calligraphy font that is working particularly well for this as all of the breaks in the curves can be made to seem natural.

I have installed Fontforge on my mac, but am really struggling with the user interface. The tutorials I have watched and read do not seem to be leading me to the type of techniques I have used with illustrator. Maybe it will be best to do the modification CS6 and then load the svg files into font forge.

I have a deadline (no pun intended) I need to meet, and any help would be appreciated.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 16:29

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto