Anuncio de CudEastbound

Foro

17 posts

Easy Way To Create Dingbat Fonts..?????

29/04/2014 a las 17:21

Hello and thank you in advance for any help.

I would like to create a few ding fonts from some simple corel draw vector shapes I created.

Could anyone point me in the right direction please? Video Tutorial, Directions, Different Program?

I don't care about typeface font capabilities only dingbat fonts.

29/04/2014 a las 18:40

passionstitch, start by reading the essays in the FAQ section: http://www.dafont.com/faq.php#create.

Next, go to http://www.high-logic.com/font-editor/fontcreator/download.html to download the trial version of FontCreator. I believe this trial version is fully functional for 30 days. I use ScanFont 3 to make my dingbats, and I consider it to be a superior program, but it won't work with your Windows 8, (it's from the 1990's, is no longer sold by FontLab, and it doesn't work with Windows operating systems more recent than XP).

The images that you create will need to be monochromatic, (ie pure black and white). You can do this with MS Paint by opening the images you've created in Corel Draw, and saving them as monochrome bitmap file type, (.tiff might work, as well). You could probably create monochrome bitmaps with Corel Draw - check the 'Save As' options.

I believe that the installation of FontCreator also creates the user's manual in the program files directory.

Good luck!

~bobistheowl

29/04/2014 a las 19:37

No need to make bitmaps for Font Creator as it can import vectors.

29/04/2014 a las 20:30

passionstitch ha dicho  
... I don't care about typeface font capabilities only dingbat fonts.

The only difference between a 'typeface' font and a dingbat is the shape of the glyphs. So also dingbats need to have correct metrics etc.

29/04/2014 a las 21:02

Oh, sorry, I thought with typeface fonts you had to be worried about kerning and such

29/04/2014 a las 22:13

No, kerning will (probably) not be needed but the advance width settings and the ascenders and descenders, yes.

29/04/2014 a las 23:17

How could I go about paying someone to do the conversion for me?

30/04/2014 a las 00:33

30/04/2014 a las 10:45

passionstitch ha dicho  

Make a reasonable donation to an animal shelter near to where you live and I'll do it for you.

30/04/2014 a las 10:55

koeiekat ha dicho  
passionstitch ha dicho  

Make a reasonable donation to an animal shelter near to where you live and I'll do it for you.

30/04/2014 a las 18:55

koeiekat

30/04/2014 a las 19:25

Koeikat, that is a very nice thing to do. I would be happy to do that. What would you like me to do and how should I contact you?

30/04/2014 a las 20:39

1. Consider what is reasonably, be generous.
2. Post here what you have done.
3. Send me a PM link where I can grab the vectors.

01/05/2014 a las 14:50

Koeikat, thank your for you offer. After viewing the link that claude posted I was able to create my ding font.

However, here is a link to a gofundme post that a friend of mine posted about a month ago to help another friend raise money for his dog Bobbles. Bobbles needs Surgery for Cataracts. I'm a sucker for animals in need as well and donated to help Bobbles a month ago. Unfortunately, the campaign didn't pick up steam and it seemed to top out at $125

http://www.gofundme.com/7irtp0

I told my wife about your offer and even though I don't need to take you up on your services any longer we are going to go out this weekend and buy a few large bags of dog food and donate them to our local rescue shelter. :-)

Thanks Again

Clint Seeley

Editado 2 veces. Última edición el 01/05/2014 a las 14:53 por passionstitch

01/05/2014 a las 18:13

Thanks Clint for the update. Two problems solved, you have your dingbat and the shelter some help

01/05/2014 a las 18:30

@Koeiekat, Thank's a lot for this fucking Idea, No forget!

01/05/2014 a las 20:28

It would have been very little work so why not ask something not for yourself but for a charity. And being The Kat, why not an animal shelter? The Kat cares for wooofs too

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 06:41

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto