Anuncio de Televo13

Foro

5 posts

How to remove and save for restoration Windows 8 default fonts?

03/03/2014 a las 16:51

Windows 8 allows you to hide fonts, but they are never hidden in the font list in the office products. (Best I can tell.) The only way to remove them from the list is to delete them from the font folder. I would like to remove(read: delete) all those that I never anticipate using, BUT I would like to have a method of restoring them if I figure out later that I need them. I know that I can do a full system restore to a date prior to my deleting the fonts, but that comes with lots of unwanted baggage.

Is there some means of "moving" the font files I want "deleted" to another folder so that they do not appear in the office products? Or is there some other means of deleting them completely and getting them back later if needed?

Chuck

04/03/2014 a las 14:17

Save the TTF files in an other directory.

20/03/2014 a las 04:04

I have a question too! How can I remove a font off my download forum?

20/03/2014 a las 08:16

Which forum?

20/03/2014 a las 08:19

cshaugh ha dicho  
How to remove and save for restoration Windows 8 default fonts?

Windows 8 allows you to hide fonts, but they are never hidden in the font list in the office products. (Best I can tell.) The only way to remove them from the list is to delete them from the font folder. I would like to remove(read: delete) all those that I never anticipate using, BUT I would like to have a method of restoring them if I figure out later that I need them. I know that I can do a full system restore to a date prior to my deleting the fonts, but that comes with lots of unwanted baggage.

Is there some means of "moving" the font files I want "deleted" to another folder so that they do not appear in the office products? Or is there some other means of deleting them completely and getting them back later if needed?

Chuck

Chuck, this is what I would do, using Windows XP - the procedure should be the same, or similar, with Windows 8:

Open Windows Search, and search for files and folders. Do not put any information in the file name field, but specify the search location as C:\Windows\Fonts. Click the Search Button. The results will show you all of your installed fonts. You could select/ copy/ paste all of them to a different folder, and then you can delete some installed fonts, knowing that you could reinstall them later.

If you try to cut, copy, or rename an installed font, it will become corrupted.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 12:09

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto