Anuncio de teamscope

Foro

8 posts

About commercial use

17/10/2013 a las 17:24

Forgive me for asking this if this is a totally silly question, but I am currently working on a project for a client and would like to use some of the fonts here for the project. It is a book cover so, obviously, it would be sold. Pretty much all of the fonts here say 'for personal use only', but many of them are absolutely perfect. Is it okay to use the fonts and ask my client to include the name of the font, the creator, and the creator's website in the book credits and then use the font? Is there some other procedure that should be followed for this? Should I just attempt to (poorly) make my own fonts?

ANY feedback is appreciated and PLEASE, no flaming or raging (not sure if that is common here but it is on many other forums). I am asking BECAUSE I do not want any problems or to cause any problems for anyone else or my client.

Thank you so much in advance!

17/10/2013 a las 20:57

What style of font do you need? Sans, serif? There are a LOT free for personal and commercial use. Be patient, check and choose yours: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=502, http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=501

I just mean that there are a lot of free nice fonts. You'll see!

17/10/2013 a las 21:24

Free for personal/private use means exactly what it says. Only by and for yourself. For any use that is commercial you need the permission/a license from the author. In this case both you and your customer. You for making it part of your commercial activity, designing for money, and your customer for using it as part of a commercial activity, selling a book. How come that is so difficult to understand?
It is very simple. How would you like me to take one of your designs, use it to make money and not paying you anything but just saying designed by Amberleh? Wouldn't you consider me a thief of your artistic work, not even mentioning your hours of work?

17/10/2013 a las 22:43

@koeiekat - I specifically asked people to NOT flame or rage, however I suppose I should have expected it anyway. I was asking because I DO want to do the right thing, and I never said that I would not pay for the font- in fact I implied that I WOULD pay for it with "is there some other procedure that should be followed", since I do not see a "buy this font" button and some of the ones I like do not even have a donation button, which I would also be willing to do if that was what was to be done. If none of that is okay then that's fine too, obviously I can accept that. There was no reason for your comment. In the future please try to control yourself. Thank you.

@skomii - Thank you very much! I will indeed look into those ones. I really appreciate the help =)

Editado el 17/10/2013 a las 22:53 por Amberleh

18/10/2013 a las 00:49

@Amberleh - You're welcome!!!

12/12/2013 a las 00:39

No, no, no... Flame and rage is normal here too. I see you said: "NO FLAME AND RAGE", but the person still flames and RAGES!!! I think they must have something inside their heads that that needs this, I like you say: "PLEASE, NO WAR" and they do war... THESE MACHOS!!!

Editado el 12/12/2013 a las 00:40 por skomii

12/12/2013 a las 06:04

(A Deep Thought by Jack Handey).

12/12/2013 a las 20:49

metaphasebrothel, Me too.

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 19:02

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto