Anuncio de Scriptorium

Foro

28 posts

Are Your Guys Font Copyright or No?

24/01/2016 a las 22:55

You still don't understand the difference between copyright and permission to use - in all graduations of permissions. As you are incapable of understanding these differences there is no help for you.

25/01/2016 a las 11:39

100% free to use but not without owner.
Is it clear ?

26/01/2016 a las 09:12

@QuiteGoneJin, it's the author who chooses the license category he/she wants when he/she submits his/her font.

26/01/2016 a las 17:11

drf ha dicho  
@QuiteGoneJin, it's the author who chooses the license category he/she wants when he/she submits his/her font.

True and False.

True. The author chooses the category.

False because 100% Free is a recent addition. All fonts tagged as Free were unilaterally changed by the site to %100 Free when it was introduced. All my fonts were tagged before as Free but I had it changed to Free for Personal Use after 100% Free was introduced. I do not like what the term 100% Free implies.

26/01/2016 a las 17:21

You are absolutely right. If I may, the terms "100% Free" and "Free" are (in my opinion) the same. If you wanted your fonts to be only free for personal use, why didn't you choose this license in the first place?

26/01/2016 a las 17:55

Nitpicking aside its misleading, where other sites actually state "personal use only" and "free for commercial use" (1001freefonts lets you search by "free for commercial use" for example).

26/01/2016 a las 19:40

drf ha dicho  
If you wanted your fonts to be only free for personal use, why didn't you choose this license in the first place?

My fonts were intended to be free fonts and that is the license that I chosen here but I am not in agreement with the term "100% Free." I interpret "100% Free" as public domain and my fonts are not public domain. I also believe that that is how many treat fonts with that license. To avoid any misinterpretation, I opted for free for personal use. The fonts I released after the adoption of 100% Free here were released and tagged as Free for personal use.

26/01/2016 a las 23:58

1001freefonts may retain donate links, but removes the Note of the Author, which in many cases explains exactly what you can and can't do with a font, so hardly a glowing example of clarity on the subject. You may be able to search for 'free for personal use' fonts, but without that additional information, (contact the author for commercial licence etc) it's meaningless…

Huso horario CEST. Ahora son las 02:43

Política de Privacidad  -  Contacto