Anzeige von Omegaville

Forum

4 posts

How to contact PhontPhreak??

14.01.2013 um 21:20

I am interested in using PhontPhreak's Handwriting font for business purposes, but have tried unsuccessfully to contact PhontPhreak through dafont for permission. Anyone know if this designer is still active on the site? Or how to contact?

14.01.2013 um 22:54

elizabethnelson, your question was already answered by PhontPhreak in the comments section of the font: http://www.dafont.com/font-comment.php?file=phontphreaks_handwriting

Thanks all for the kind comments!
My handwriting font may be used for commercial use, no problem.
It would be nice though, if you could send me a jpeg of what you have done with it.
Have fun eveybody!

PhontPhreak

phontphreak[removetheobvious][at]gmail[dot]com

If a font is designated as Free, you don't have to ask the designer for permission to use it for commercial purposes. If you can find contact information for the designer, most will be appreciative if you send them an image link, so they can see how you used the font they made, but this is optional.

Most freeware font designers just want to give something back to the design community for the free fonts they've downloaded from other people. Adding a nice comment on the details page is as much as they hope to receive from anyone. I have more than 800,000 downloads at Dafont, and I've only received about 10 comments, (not including my own comments). A quick glance at the most popular downloads here suggests that one comment per 80,000 downloads is about average.

Bearbeitet am 14.01.2013 um 22:55 von metaphasebrothel

15.01.2013 um 22:45

Detective skills are obviously not my strong point...thanks for pointing out the comments section! I didn't look there. I am thrilled at your response, as that font is just what I was looking for. I was just leary about assuming the Free status gave me permission for commercial use after reading Dafont's warnings on appropirate use of fonts. Thanks again, your reply is much appreciated!

09.04.2013 um 00:23

Hello Elisabeth,

Thanks for using my font, i saw this page just now..
My font is free for commercial use, i would be happy to see a jpeg of what it is used for though
Thanks to metaphasebrothel for the heads up.

Kind regards,

Paul aka PhontPhreak

Alle Zeitangaben sind CEST. Es ist jetzt 05:57

Datenschutzerklärung  -  Kontakt