Anzeige von Beraka

Forum

1 post

New font designer.. w/ a question.

30.06.2013 um 19:12

Hello, I've been trying to make and complete a font set for a while even though I do know how to export them to TTF for use as Windows based font.

Here's the very first one that I've completed..

Page link:http://gcmgfx.tumblr.com/post/54265310394/well-here-it-is-again-under-a-different-blog-from

I did admit that it was traced(manually by hand, not from a software that automatically does it) from an old console based font because I wanted to see what the smooth/rounded version looked like. Where I also wanted to see if it was possible to make it using Inkscape/FontForge.

Normally I would start out with distributing the font as a free download, and allow other people to use it for commercial use(as embedded fonts in computer games, printed/engraved on various materials) as long as they don't charge money to redistribute the actual font file(s).

However with this one, there is a possible dumb question wondering if me or anyone else would run into legal problems if this font was to be used commercially either by me or someone else.
The font files haven't been released yet, so I'll wait and see about what to do when them later on.

p.s. if this is not the appropriate place for a font designing discussion, then I apologize for that.

Bearbeitet 2 mal. Zuletzt bearbeitet am 30.06.2013 um 20:36 von metaphasebrothel

Alle Zeitangaben sind CEST. Es ist jetzt 15:20

Datenschutzerklärung  -  Kontakt